A couple mornings ago, after crying herself to sleep because she couldn’t write a novel in three months and also because she felt fat and it was all Laszlo’s fault because he kept chocolate in his house and also ordered dessert a lot, Lala awoke to discover her micro co-blog with Laszlo had been given a Liebster Blog Award by her total future soulmate over at Softer City — an awesome blog that continuously helps Lala feel like she can someday fit in in the big Apple. Through her gummy eyes she read the kind words of its author, girlnextfloor. And then she rejoiced. She woke Laszlo by going to his house and ringing his doorbell sixty times. He rejoiced but seemed tired.
Then she had to go to her new dentist who was awesome and who told her she was flossing okay but might she floss some more in the future? Please? Also, less chocolate might help.
The whole time she was happy. Imagine, she thought, Someone is reading! Or skimming! Or something!
When she got home Laszlo gave her chocolate. This was a bump in the road.
Still, she was happy. So, kind readers, skimmers or simply drive-byers of Naked And Hopeful, please hustle and bustle on over to check out girlnextfloor’s great stuff, because she stopped Lala from crying even more over her failure as a human, a woman, and a writer.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you, Softer City!!!
Our award-age situation is as follows:
1. Hamptons Art Hub – great source for art news and insight
2. Other Things – the blog of Alison Espach, a most amazing novelist (The Adults) and my mentor… The Adults
3. Toulouse in a Pickle – just a great narrative blog with a really cool voice. Very atmospheric.
4. The Ralphie Chronicles – because a dog has never been so charming, or so delicious looking…
5. Softer City – because I was a fan of this awesome blogger before she was a fan of us… Her New York-centric blog rocks.
The Liebster Rules
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.